I got this recipe from my cake decorating instructor. It's very simple, but absolutely delicious. We also like to spoon it over ice cream. This recipe will fill a 9", 10" or 9x13 cake.
- In heavy saucepan combine cornstarch, all of the sugar and salt.
- Add pineapple with juice and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a bubbling boil, stirring constantly.
- Once mixture comes to a boil continue stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes, or until thickened and its looses it's "milky" look.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stirring to melt.
- Let cool then store in refrigerator.