Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I make this cake to take along to potlucks, or any spring and summer event. It's light, fluffy and delicious. On top of all that, it's super easy! If I can find a pineapple cake mix, I use that instead, but they're not always available.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained and seperated
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- Prepare cake mix per directions, except subsitute the water for pineapple juice from 1 can + water to make the right amount.
- After batter is smooth, fold in the pineapple from the 1st can of pineapple.
- Bake as directed.
- When completely cooled, frost with the following;.
- Combine pineapple juice from 2nd can and pudding mix until dissolved.
- Mix this with the whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining pineapple from the 2nd can.
- Chill well before serving (about an hour).