Recipe by Coasty
Simple recipe. Bethonga is a variety of pineapple that is low acid & very sweet.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This made a lovely dessert. It has a unique texture and a nice flavor. Not an overly sweet cake, the pineapple and icing sugar add the sweetness. Thanks for sharing. Made for Aussie Swap #39
- 225 g bethonga gold pineapple, diced
- 125 g natural yoghurt
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 180 g caster sugar
- 180 g plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- icing sugar, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease 22cm square tin and line base with baking paper.
- Put yoghurt, oil, eggs and sugar into large bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Add pineapple, stir briefly.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and carefully fold in using large metal spoon.
- Spoon into tin, smoothing top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden and firm to touch.
- Leave in tin to cool on cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, remove cake from tin and peel off baking paper. Dust with icing sugar if liked and cut into 16 squares.