Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A bright yellow cake w/ a bright yellow filling. May be garnished w/ drained pineapple and a dollop of whipped cream when plated.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each egg is added.
- Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the milk to creamed sugar-egg.
- Pour in two greased 8-inch tins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool and fill.
- Filling: Put first three ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Mix well and add the rest.
- Cook over low heat, stirring/whisking constantly until thick.
- Cool before filling/frosting cake.