Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just discovered this recipe on the net and have yet to make it but it sounds so delicious I had to save it and share.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup coconut
- Mix together, and set aside, the brown sugar and nuts.
- Mix together the granulated sugar and eggs.
- Add the crushed pineapple with juice.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix all ingredients throughly and pour into a slightly greased 13X9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the brown bugar/nut mixture that you set aside over the top.
- Bake at 350 degree for 40-45 minute
- For icing:
- In a saucepan bring to a boil the butter, granulated sugar and milnot.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup coconut.
- POUR OVER THE CAKE WHEN YOU REMOVE IT FROM THE OVEN WHILE IT IS STILL HOT!