Recipe by gwynn
This recipe came from my SIL's church cookbook.
Top Review by diner524
I picked this cake to make for the cake-a-thon for ChefIAm. This is very similar to a cake my mother used to make years ago. I think my mother's recipe just used the pudding without the added cream cheese. The cream cheese is where I had the problem, it separated from the pudding mixture while mixing it all together. I would change directions to say, soften cream cheese to room temperature, mix pudding and two cups milk, then fold in soften cream cheese. This is a delicious, not too sweet, moist cake. Will definitely be making this again with the above recommended changes.
- 9 ounces yellow cake mix (Jiffy brand)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 1⁄2 ounces instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- nuts, on top as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake as directed on package and bake in greased 9x11 glass dish until done.
- Watch carefully not to overcook because it will be thinner than usual.
- Let cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, vanilla pudding, and milk.
- Pour over cake in the glass dish.
- Layer pineapple, Cool Whip and nuts. Refrigerate. .