Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a great cake. No frosting needed. The topping is the extra special treat; the boys loved this one.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Yummy...thank you so much for sharing your excellent recipe, this recipe makes a soft, tender, moist cake, with a crunchy sweet, crumbling topping. My dh's eyes fell out of his head when he first saw this wonderful cake. This cake is even better the next day. The cake is a little firmer and the pineapple flavor is deeper. I omitted the pecans because of dhs allergies. Made for Whats on the Menu tag game.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, beat until smooth.
- Alternately add flour mixture and reserved pineapple juice to egg mixtgure, beating at low speed after each addition, just until combined. Fold in pinapple.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan or dish. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Sprinkle over batter; bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven about 35 minutes or until center is firm.