Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great cake. No frosting needed. The topping is the extra special treat; the boys loved this one.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, beat until smooth.
- Alternately add flour mixture and reserved pineapple juice to egg mixtgure, beating at low speed after each addition, just until combined. Fold in pinapple.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan or dish. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, pecans, and coconut. Sprinkle over batter; bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven about 35 minutes or until center is firm.
I didn't have any coconut or pecans on hand, but I made it anyway. It was still really good, even without the extra toppings.
I've made this cake twice now. It is very moist and tastes wonderful. I find that it does take a bit longer (10 to 15 minutes) to cook in the center, but it is lovely and well worth your time.
Delicious! Impossible to eat only one piece. Made this using walnuts instead of pecans because I didn't have pecans on hand.