Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful dessert! I found this originally on mealsforyou.com. Didn't allow for baking time for the shells; nor did I allow for cooling time for the pudding.
- 4 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or 2 teaspoons unsalted margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 lb pineapple chunk, drained
- toasted & chopped macadamia nuts (garnish)
- Bake puff pastry shells, according to package directions.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt in a heavy non-reactive saucepan.
- Whisk in milk and egg yolks.
- Whisk constantly over medium high heat until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla, until butter is melted.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Press plastic wrap over pudding surface to prevent skin from forming.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon pineapple into prepared pastry shells; top with pudding and chopped macadamia nuts.