Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Although the pineapple-butterscotch combination may seem odd initially, these moist, chewy bars will prove to you just how delicious these two unique flavors are together!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup drained canned pineapple, crushed
- 8 ounces butterscotch chips
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Combine all dry ingredients and sift.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Stir in crushed pineapple.
- Add butterscotch, and fold in .
- Spread into greased 13 x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until golden-brown (test using toothpick; bars are ready when toothpick comes out clean).
I won a first place ribbon for this recipe at our State Fair. It is yummy and moist! The flavors compliment each other really well, and I think that's what made it a hit with the judges. Will make it again!