Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
a hawaiian tasting hamburger, it came out of a cancer charity cookbook.
- 1 lb ground round (or ground turkey)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pineapple rings, in own juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Divide meat into 4 equal patties.
- Drain pineapple.
- Put 1-1/2 slices on each of two patties.
- Put remaining patties on top of pineapple-meat patties and seal edges (You now have two meat patties with pineapples inside).
- Broil patties to desired doneness.
- SAUCE: Put ketchup, brown sugar,and mustard into saucepan, heat over low heat until bubbly,stirring so sugar does not stick.
- Remove burgers when done, and pour sauce over burgers.
- Serve with dinner roll, or rice.
Based on other reviews, I seasoned the burgers with salt and pepper, but they were still just a big ball of meat, and I just didn't like them at all, I'm sorry. Also, it says it serves 4, but when you read the recipe, it only makes 2 burgers. This was a little confusing, but luckily I had extra mince in the freezer. I did enjoy the sauce though, and I still like the concept of the pineapple inside the burger, I just think it needs a better burger recipe. The kids and I couldn't finish ours, so I was going to rate it a 2, but hubby didn't mind them, so I changed to a 3.
A very simple recipe....but like Sam#3 I thought the burger itself needed a little more attention.
Absolutely loved the sauce...which really couldn't be any easier...completely makes the burger!
Made for PRMR.
Loved the pineapple inside the burgers! Made them very juicy. The burger was kinda bland though. I want to try adding crushed pineapple to the ground beef itself next time.