Recipe by weekend cooker
a hawaiian tasting hamburger, it came out of a cancer charity cookbook.
Top Review by Sara 76
Based on other reviews, I seasoned the burgers with salt and pepper, but they were still just a big ball of meat, and I just didn't like them at all, I'm sorry. Also, it says it serves 4, but when you read the recipe, it only makes 2 burgers. This was a little confusing, but luckily I had extra mince in the freezer. I did enjoy the sauce though, and I still like the concept of the pineapple inside the burger, I just think it needs a better burger recipe. The kids and I couldn't finish ours, so I was going to rate it a 2, but hubby didn't mind them, so I changed to a 3.
- 1 lb ground round (or ground turkey)
- 1 (28 ounce) can pineapple rings, in own juice
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide meat into 4 equal patties.
- Drain pineapple.
- Put 1-1/2 slices on each of two patties.
- Put remaining patties on top of pineapple-meat patties and seal edges (You now have two meat patties with pineapples inside).
- Broil patties to desired doneness.
- SAUCE: Put ketchup, brown sugar,and mustard into saucepan, heat over low heat until bubbly,stirring so sugar does not stick.
- Remove burgers when done, and pour sauce over burgers.
- Serve with dinner roll, or rice.