Recipe by Lanel
This has always been a family favorite. We always serve it with an Herb & Butter or Garlic Pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 pineapple rings (canned, drained)
- 4 slices cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Split and form the ground beef into eight equal patties.
- Seal two patties together with a pineapple ring inside.
- Grill until done (can also be done in a broiler).
- While the burgers are grilling prepare the sauce.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard together on the stove until warm (or you can mix and microwave it). You just want to warm it up and get the brown sugar smooth.
- If desired, put one slice of cheese (I love a white cheese -- swiss or provolone) on each burger and melt.
- Serve each burger with some of the sauce spooned over the top.
- Feel free to adjust the amounts of the ingredients in the sauce to suit your taste -- it's been so long since I've actually measured it, I usually make it then taste and adjust. You want it sweet with a slight tang.