Recipe by Chef mariajane
What a delightful flavor, pineapple and brownie infused together!! so delicious - This is another of my Mom's recipes, I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by nagle_07
I dont know if I did this recipe wrong, and I dont know how I could have if I did, but I think that these brownies are extremely weird. The texture of them is so awful! Hopefully I did something wrong and they actually are good!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, well drained, juices reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 tablespoons pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease 8-inch square pan.
- Melt shortening and chocolate in saucepan, then remove from heat.
- Add sugar. Stir in eggs, pineapple and vanilla. Stir until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend well.
- Add nuts. spoon into 8-inch square pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until done at edges - slightly soft in center. Cool in pan. Spread with icing.
- ICING: Stir together all ingredients, adding pineapple juice in small amounts, as needed to make a soft spreadable icing. If a little more is needed to make the icing spreadable, add it a few drops at a time.