Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A more tropical twist on apple brown betty.
- 15 graham crackers, crumbled
- 3 cups crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Layer 1/3 of graham cracker crumbs in bottom of a greased 1½ quart baking dish.
- Add half the pineapple.
- Mix together sugar thru cinnamon and sprinkle half over pineapple.
- Repeat crumb and pineapple layers and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes until the top is brown and crusty.
- Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, if desired.
Delightful! I followed Engrossed's advice and scaled everything down for two and did everything in a ramikin. I used cinnamon graham crackers because that's what I had on hand. I also added some coconut and walnuts to boost the tropical flavor. Easy and delicious, and I had everything in my pantry already!
My DH and I couldn't wait to dig into this. With a big gob of whipped cream on top, we were in total bliss with each mouthful! DH had to take the leftovers into work for lunchtime dessert he loved it so much! I might try adding some crushed walnuts next time around.
VERY YUMMY! This satisfied my sweet craving. I made about half the recipe in two 1 cup ramekins. I probably used less graham crackers and only used one 8oz can of crushed pineapple. I forgot to grease the ramekins but it turned out fine. They baked for 20 minutes. This was soooo good warm with whipped cream! Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.