Recipe by echo echo
A more tropical twist on apple brown betty.
Top Review by ceruleanseven
Delightful! I followed Engrossed's advice and scaled everything down for two and did everything in a ramikin. I used cinnamon graham crackers because that's what I had on hand. I also added some coconut and walnuts to boost the tropical flavor. Easy and delicious, and I had everything in my pantry already!
- 15 graham crackers, crumbled
- 3 cups crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Layer 1/3 of graham cracker crumbs in bottom of a greased 1½ quart baking dish.
- Add half the pineapple.
- Mix together sugar thru cinnamon and sprinkle half over pineapple.
- Repeat crumb and pineapple layers and sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes until the top is brown and crusty.
- Serve hot or cold with whipped cream, if desired.