Recipe by jimemc007
simple moist really easy add other friuts to change it up a little. I was just being creative and my friends loved it.able to use any bread but I just used merita white.
- 1⁄2 loaf bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- toast 5 slices of the bread and then butter them let them cool and then rip them into chunks. do not toast the other slices but rip them up and place in your 8 inch cake pan.
- in a bowl mix up the eggs and the milk and the half and half combine the sugars into the mix add the vanilla
- stir and put the pineapple and the juice into the mix.
- pour over the bread in the pan.
- add the butter cut into small chuncks and gently mix into the mixture.
- if not moist enough and more milk.
- pre heat the oven to 350.
- take a larger pan like a roaster and place the 8 inch cake pan inside add water to the roaster pan just to the middle of the sides of the pan do not cover the pudding pan just enough to give it a nice bath.
- be careful when you place it in the oven and when you remove it also the water will be hot.
- bake uncovered for 45 to 50 min till skewer comes out clean . if you want it to be moist dont over bake.