Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got from Tops courtesy of Wheat Foods Council. You can use evaporated milk and whole wheat bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained, but reserve 2 tbl juice
- 4 cups white bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter and sugar; add in eggs, milk, pineapple and 2 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice. Then fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a 9x9 baking dish and bake 45-55 minutes or until set. If it gets too brown, cover lightly with aluminum foil for the last 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or drizzled with warmed, sweetened coconut milk.