Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From TOH. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
- 1 cup warm pineapple juice (70 to 80)
- 2 tablespoons water (70 to 80)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple (optional)
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pineapple if desired.
This bread is great. I used more than the 2 tablespoons of pineapples because the first time I made it I didn't think it had enough. This time it was great. I used the sweet setting on light crust. Total YUMMO!!!!!!!!