Recipe by Maryland Jim
This recipe came from a Southern Living magazine. It is my youngest son's favorite.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Really like the basic recipe and butter does make a difference but would prefer some more flavorings. Find that the grated rind of 1 orange seemed to give it that little bit of a lift and, also, the addition of chopped pecans. Thanks for a recipe I can build on because I had lost my pineapple bread recipe years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with pineapple, mixing well. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9X5X3 loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.