Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oldie but goodie. Easy and delicious. Starts with buttermilk baking mix(Bisquick) and is wonderful warm out of the oven with butter. Or toasted with cream cheese.
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan, I use Bakers Joy.
- Drain pineapple well, but reserve 3 tablespoons of the syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl combine baking mix, sugar, butter, eggs, reserved syrup and pineapple.
- Mix at low speed until blended, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
first time I bake from this site..I came across this recipe looked easy & it was...but I didnt like
how the bread turned out & I did everything from the recipe....I read another review that the bread
fell apart when it was cut & yes that happened to me too ...so I really didnt like it, I even put more
pineapple & still it didnt have tht pineapple taste... I sure wont be baking this bread again ... Im sorry but thank you for sharing ...also this was the first time Ive ever baked w Bisquick...
This bread is okay. I was expecting more of a punch from the pineapple and it just did not come through in taste so I found the bread to be a bit bland. Because of the other review I added just a tad bit more pineapple syrup but really not much. The batter was fine and the bread rose beautifully in the pan and slices without a problem using a serated bread knife. I doubled checked a couple other recipes for pineapple bread online and this is the exact recipe so there does not need to be any adjustments made to it at all. It is just not for my personal tastes but that does not mean that it wouldn't work for someone else who likes less of a 'punch' to their quick breads. Tagged in Zaar Cookbook Tag. Thanks for sharing!
This bread fell apart when I sliced it/too dry perhaps liquid is missing from the ingredients ? My ingredients were wasted, this bread deserved the trash.