Recipe by mandabears
Oldie but goodie. Easy and delicious. Starts with buttermilk baking mix(Bisquick) and is wonderful warm out of the oven with butter. Or toasted with cream cheese.
Top Review by preciousdollie
first time I bake from this site..I came across this recipe looked easy & it was...but I didnt like
how the bread turned out & I did everything from the recipe....I read another review that the bread
fell apart when it was cut & yes that happened to me too ...so I really didnt like it, I even put more
pineapple & still it didnt have tht pineapple taste... I sure wont be baking this bread again ... Im sorry but thank you for sharing ...also this was the first time Ive ever baked w Bisquick...
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan, I use Bakers Joy.
- Drain pineapple well, but reserve 3 tablespoons of the syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl combine baking mix, sugar, butter, eggs, reserved syrup and pineapple.
- Mix at low speed until blended, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped nuts.
- Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes.