Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice (DO NOT DRAIN)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Beat the egg slightly.
- Add cereal, milk, and oil to the egg. Stir to combine.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until the cereal has softened.
- Stir the pineapple, including the juice, into the mixture.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into a paper-lined muffin tin and bake at 400F for about 25 minute.
- Serve warm.
Well, I didn't have quite the same reaction about this recipe. I found the muffins to be quite bland and flavourless. They were not very moist - rather dry in my opinion. I used the canned crushed pineapple as stated in the recipe. Will not make this again.
I use fresh pineapple " crushed in a food processor. The muffins are light and moist; a favorute of my family
I loved this recipe, however, I used buttermilk instead of skim milk and added 1/2 cup of raisins & 1/2 cup walnuts.