Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a beautiful and delicious Hawaiian type of dessert! Its creative and tasty too!!
Make and share this Pineapple Boats recipe from Food.com.
- Take 4 pineapples and cut each in half, lengthwise making sure that equal stalk and leaves remain in either half.
- Scoop out centers, leaving only a thin wall inside skins.
- Dice the scooped out pineapple.
- Add a tin of canned fruit or fres fruits.
- Mix fruits liberally with coconut and silvered almonds or pieces of other nuts.
- Pile this mixture of fruits and nuts into the pineapple boats.
- Cover with thick slices of left-over sponge cake.
- Top with a meringue made from egg whites and sugar.
- Bake in a moderate oven till meringue is crisp and a beautiful rich golden colour.
- Serve with ice cream or fresh cream!