1 hr 10 mins
This is a beautiful and delicious Hawaiian type of dessert! Its creative and tasty too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take 4 pineapples and cut each in half, lengthwise making sure that equal stalk and leaves remain in either half.
- 2Scoop out centers, leaving only a thin wall inside skins.
- 3Dice the scooped out pineapple.
- 4Add a tin of canned fruit or fres fruits.
- 5Mix fruits liberally with coconut and silvered almonds or pieces of other nuts.
- 6Pile this mixture of fruits and nuts into the pineapple boats.
- 7Cover with thick slices of left-over sponge cake.
- 8Top with a meringue made from egg whites and sugar.
- 9Bake in a moderate oven till meringue is crisp and a beautiful rich golden colour.
- 10Serve with ice cream or fresh cream!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Boats
Serving Size: 1 (921 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: