Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was the winner in the May 2012 Better Homes and Gardens Ultimate Guacamole contest. Guacamole revved up with the addition of pineapple and black beans. Created by Beth McDonald - Churchville, NY. Her recipe description: "I love guacamole and I wanted to try something different. I kept adding new ingredients and adjusting amounts--the pineapple adds a little sweetness--and it seems that with each bite I taste a different flavor." I'm looking forward to trying this one. Yum! Total time does not include chill time.
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup bottled green chili salsa (salsa verde)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple or 1⁄2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large bowl mash avocados. Stir in salsa and sour cream until combined. Stir in pineapple, beans, jalapeno, onion cilantro, garlic, lime juice, salt and cumin. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. If desired, sprinkle guacamole with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT....so happy that I came across it before I threw out my BHG magazine. This is going to be my new covered dish for summer picnics.