Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a Rhodes frozen biscuit package. We enjoyed them quite a bit.
- 12 refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- The recipe calls for 12 Frozen Rhodes Anytime, buttermilk biscuits, but I'm sure any yeast type buttermilk biscuit would be fine.
- Thaw biscuits.
- *During thawing and rising phase, cover frozen dough with plastic wrap. To avoid plastic wrap from sticking to dough while rising, coat with non-stick cooking spray.(Remove wrap before baking).
- Drain pineapple well, reserving juice for later.
- In a medium size bowl combine crushed pineapple, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Divide pineapple mixture equally between 12 large size sprayed muffin cups.
- Place 1 biscuit on top of pineapple mixture in each muffin cup.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of reserved pineapple juice over each biscuit. *NOTE: you may want to place your muffin pans on a baking sheet this step can be messy.
- Bake at 350 F 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert onto serving platter.
- Spoon any filling left in muffin cups over biscuits.
- Serve warm.