Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful recipe. This truly is great!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb round steak, thinly sliced diagonal
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh trimmed green beans
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canned chili, chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup of chunks, 1/2 cup juice (reserving juice for other purposes).
- Combine 1/2 cup of the juice, ginger, soy sauce, cilantro and meat in bowl.
- Cover bowl, marinate for 15 minutes.
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat oil, add garlic, sauté 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, place in the skillet.
- Stir fry 5 minutes, just until cooked through, remove the meat and keep warm.
- Combine marinade and cornstarch in bowl.
- Add the beans, chilies, pepper and marinade to skillet; stir fry 4 minutes (or until veggies are crisp tender and mixture is thickened).
- Stir in 1 cup pineapple chunks, scallions and meat; heat through.
Wow, this was a tasty dish. Loved it. IMHO, there should be more soy sauce and/or salt. Thanks for sharing.
mmm a lovely meal over brown rice! Los of flavour! I didn't have any canned chili but I had a red and a green jalepeno so i used them , they gave it a real nice bite. My steak was sirloin tip, worked very well, nice and tender. We really enjoyed this supper for Sunday dinner and wil be making it again, thanks for sharing!
Yummy yummy yummy!! And I'm not much of a beef eater. This was fantastic! I omitted the bell pepper and used snap peas in addition to green beans (didn't have enough green beans) but just about any vegetable would work. I served this with plain steamed rice, and both hubby and daughter loved it. Score! :)