- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb round steak, thinly sliced diagonal
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh trimmed green beans
- 1 sweet red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canned chili, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup of chunks, 1/2 cup juice (reserving juice for other purposes).
- Combine 1/2 cup of the juice, ginger, soy sauce, cilantro and meat in bowl.
- Cover bowl, marinate for 15 minutes.
- In large, nonstick skillet, heat oil, add garlic, sauté 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, place in the skillet.
- Stir fry 5 minutes, just until cooked through, remove the meat and keep warm.
- Combine marinade and cornstarch in bowl.
- Add the beans, chilies, pepper and marinade to skillet; stir fry 4 minutes (or until veggies are crisp tender and mixture is thickened).
- Stir in 1 cup pineapple chunks, scallions and meat; heat through.