Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty sweet-sour combination. Pineapple, red pepper and slices of celery and green onion create a colorful feast.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4 inch thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef mixture in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple and water chestnuts into skillet. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, water and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into beef and vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.
I used frozen stir-fry veggies to reduce prep time...when I make this again, I will add some cashews and it will be even better. My family really enjoyed this recipe.