Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the same international cookbook
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (reserve 1/2 c juice)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Combine, beef, egg, salt, and onion in large mixing bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into small balls.
- Fry in large skillet until brown.
- Remove meatballs from pan and add broth, pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Cook and stir until thick and translucent.
- Cut green pepper into strips and add with meatballs.
- Add pineapple chunks.
- Cook for 15 minutes and serve hot with rice.