Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in a Better Homes and Garden cookbook
- 3⁄4 lb top round steak
- 8 ounces pineapple slices in juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods (thawed)
- 2 cups rice
- Cut meat into bite size strips. Drain pineapple, RESERVING juice. Cu pineapple slices into quarters,set aside.
- IN bowl stir together reserved juice, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper. Add meat; stir till coated. Cover and marinde meat at room temperature for 15 minutes. Drain, RESERVING marinade.
- Spray a large cold skillet with cooking spray. Stir fry meat in 2 parts until browned. Return all meat to skillet. Push meat from center of skilt.
- For sauce stir cornstarch and reserved marinade. Add sauce to center of skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add tomatoes, pea pods and pineapple. Stir ingredients together until coated with sauce. Cook and stir about 2 more minutesmore till heated through. Serve over hot rice.