Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came via the internet. I made it exactly like it stated and the flavor was outstanding, but the meat just fell apart, plus not being enough. So I tweaked it a little....
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (one med.,one large)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, well trimmed, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I used red)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger (fresh is too strong)
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, sodium reduced
- 1⁄4 cup filtered water
- 1⁄4 tablespoon honey
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (must be Dijon)
- salt & pepper
- Place shredded potato over bottom of cooker.
- Arrange meat on top.
- Combine rest of ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on high 6-7 hours.
My family loves this, even my daughterwho hates sweet potatoes ! It is a delicious way to sneak in this healthy vegetable.
My family really liked this. I would definetly fix this again. Great flavor!
I hate to disagree, but no one in my family liked this.