7 hrs 20 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This came via the internet. I made it exactly like it stated and the flavor was outstanding, but the meat just fell apart, plus not being enough. So I tweaked it a little....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (one med.,one large)
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks, well trimmed, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (I used red)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger (fresh is too strong)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, sodium reduced
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (must be Dijon)
- salt & pepper
- 1Place shredded potato over bottom of cooker.
- 2Arrange meat on top.
- 3Combine rest of ingredients and pour over meat.
- 4Cover and cook on high 6-7 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple BBQ Flank Steak for Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 427.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 38.8 g