Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A light, tangy, fluffy dessert, easy to make and ideal for diabetics and diets.
Make and share this Pineapple Bavarian recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 ounce) package lemon jelly powder or 1 (1 ounce) packagepineapple jelly powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 kiwi fruits
- chocolate, grated
- Dissolve jelly in HALF required boiling water, leave to cool.
- Add the can of pineapple and all the juice.
- Whip up the milk, as much as you can (best if it has been in the fridge first).
- Fold into the jelly until the milk changes colour.
- Put into the fridge to set.
- It’s almost like a soufflé, light and tangy. Decorate with fresh fruit or grate some diabetic chocolate over the top.
Very easy to make and enjoyed by all my family. Very light and fluffy. I think a little difficult to serve neatly....so maybe next time will make individual serves in small glass bowls. Would be lovely served in a stemmed glass for company. Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap April 2011. Photo also to be posted
I remember having this as a child. Thanks Joy for reawakening old memories.
I didn't cook this myself, but was priviledged enough to be served it at Joy's house the other night for our dessert. It was wonderful. I can't believe that such a delicious dessert is not only low in calories but also low in fat. This was excellent! It's truly a winner and I will be making this myself and often! Thanks Joy! I have since made this myself at home with the same delicious results!