Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty dessert.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- maraschino cherry
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, in own juice, drained
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray cookie pan with vegetable pan spray. Combine flour, butter, confectioners' sugar and coconut in large bowl until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 cup crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into prepared pan. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, place pineapple in food processor fitted with steel blade or blender container. Cover; process until smooth (2-3 minutes). Spoon mixture into 2-quart saucepan; stir in cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a boil (6-7 minutes). Continue boiling 1 minute stirring constantly until thickened.
- Gently spread filling to within 1/4" of edge of baked crust. Crumble reserved crumb mixture over filling. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Cut into bars. Garnish with maraschino cherries and a wedge of sliced fresh or canned pineapple if desired.