Prep 1 hr
Cook 12 mins
From the Slim Lines column of the Thursday magazine.
- 1⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 650 g large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and sliced into 5 cm chunks
- Combine the barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, lime juice and cilantro in a mixing bowl.
- Pour half of the pineapple-barbecue sauce mixture into a resealable bag.
- Add the shrimp and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Reserve the remaining sauce mixture for basting and serving.
- Pre-heat the grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, discarding the leftover marinade.
- Skewer the shrimp and pineapple onto the metal or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water.
- Grill the skewers on both sides until the shrimp are just cooked through.
- Ths takes 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the skewers are cooking, brush them with some of the reserved sauce.
- Serve the skewers with the extra pineapple-barbecue sauce for dipping.