Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe off the internet but, the recipe called for 1 tablespoon vanilla I made it that way and it was not tasty but, I tweaked the recipe to 1 teaspoon vanilla and it came out awesome!
- 1 cup butter, softened (2sticks)
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease & flour 2 (9X5 inch) large loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the butter with sugar and honey; then beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Beat in bananas and stir in the pineapple (with the juice). In another bowl (even larger) stir together with spoon flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add banana mixture to flour mix stir together with spoon until well mixed. Add walnuts.
- Makes 18 muffins & 2 9x5 inch loaf pans. Pour mixture into muffin cups and then separate the leftover batter into the 2 loaf pans. Bake muffins 30-35 minutes and 2 loaf pans for 1 hour.