Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Based on a recipe by Michael F. Roizen, M.D., and Mehmet C. Oz, M.D., from their book, You on a Diet. I'm a huge fan of this book! And soon to be shrinking in size! :)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat soymilk (1 percent)
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple passion sorbet
- 1 tablespoon soy protein powder (8 grams protein)
- Peel banana and place it in chunks in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and blend until a smooth consistency.
Made this pretty much as written, but did have to use chunks of frozen banana to give it a little more body! A great tasting smoothie, though, & it's certainly worth working it into my long schedule of smoothies! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made 7 reviewed for the VIP in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 15]