Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is our favorite banana loaf.A moist tender loaf with bits of crushed pineapple throughout. This recipe was found in a Robin Hood booklet many years ago. I have been making this loaf for many years. yield is 2 loaves.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn or 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (macadamia or Brazil are nice) (optional)
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Beat remaining ingredients together in a large bowl until blended.
- Add dry ingredients stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Spread in two greased 81/2x41/2 loaf pans dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan then remove to rack to cool completely.
increased the pineapple by 1/2 cup. used chopped pecans. add 2 cups coconut flake, 1 cup dried cranberries. now its a good recipe!
I thought this would be better than what it was. The pineapple was barely detectable. I used walnuts. One loaf I added coconut.
Great bread - lovely combination of flavors! I love the extra burst of flavor from the pineapple. I omitted the nuts from the first loaf, but added a half cup of macadamia nuts to the second. Both ways were excellent! Thanks for sharing!