Recipe by Dotty2
This is our favorite banana loaf.A moist tender loaf with bits of crushed pineapple throughout. This recipe was found in a Robin Hood booklet many years ago. I have been making this loaf for many years. yield is 2 loaves.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn or 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (macadamia or Brazil are nice) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Beat remaining ingredients together in a large bowl until blended.
- Add dry ingredients stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Spread in two greased 81/2x41/2 loaf pans dividing evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan then remove to rack to cool completely.