Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This loaf is so moist and one of the very best I have ever made. I added raisins also but you can leave them out. This recipe makes two loaves and freezes excellent. Once you start eating it, you can't stop! Enjoy!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (undrained) or 1 cup pineapple tidbits (undrained)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 5 bananas)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine the first five ingredients.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined.
- Divide evenly between two loaf pans greased with Crisco.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes (more or less depending on your oven)or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a rack and cool completely.
- Note: The raisins are optional and you may rather want to add nuts instead or neither.
I made this into 4 mini loaves and 6 muffins..I used half wheat flour,added 1 tsp cinnamon. Cut the oil to 1 cup and omitted the raisians..Excellent very moist and tasty...
I just got this recipe off the Robin Hood Flour website and made it without raisins or nuts. It is very moist and quite good. I think the next time I make it, I will try a little nutmeg or cinnamon.