Recipe by Chef Gina Calina
This recipe came from "You: The Owner's Manual." The author states this recipe is healthy for you because "Potassium in bananas has been shown to help regulate blood pressure, which plays a key role in hormonal functions."
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat soymilk or 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 pinch vanilla flavoring
- 4 ounces crushed pineapple with juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple sorbet
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel banana; break into chunks.
- combine all ingredients in blender.
- Cover & blend until smooth.
- MODIFICATIONS You can modify by adding a scoop of soy protein powder & 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil; you can also add 1 cup of pineapple chunks (stored in water) or 1 cup of frozen mango chunks as a substitute for the sorbet.