Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on a blog entitled "Love Veggies and Yoga" and absolutely fell in love with it. It's what I imagine drinking sunshine out of a glass might be like.
- 1 banana, previously frozen is ideal but not essential
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cube
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup additional fruit (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon neutral or vanilla flavored protein powder (optional)
- Blend everything in a Vita-Mix, Magic Bullet, or blender until smooth. Top with a handful of coconut flakes, granola, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, or raisins. Store extra in the freezer and remove from freezer long enough to soften before drinking the leftover portion.