Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is really yummy way to dress up a plain yellow cake. If I am pressed for time I will make a bundt cake and split it putting this filling in the middle. Top it with a simple glaze and sprinkle with chopped pecans....Viola dessert!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2⁄3 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine sugar and cornstarch with water and pineapple juice in medium saucepan.
- Cook slowly until think and smooth, stirring to prevent lumping.
- Mix banana, crushed pineapple and lemon juice.
- Add to cornstarch mixture and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Spread between layers of plain cake.
Yummy! Made this to go in a simple yellow cake for my husband's 40th. It had a wonderful flavor.