Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I'm posting this recipe for safe keeping. I got this recipe from Taste Of Home The Best Of Country Cooking 2005. This bread freezes well.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Combine the egg, oil, sugar, banana and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 5-3/4-inch x 3-inch x 2-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Wonderful banana bread! A new favorite!! This bread is so moist and delicious, and we love the pineapple addition! I tripled the recipe and baked 2 regular-size loaves for 55 minutes, then dusted with confectioner's sugar. Will make the mini-loaves as gifts for the holidays. Thanks internetnut!