Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from the internet and made it without the walnuts. It was delicious and the best bread I've made. Definitely worthy of sharing. The following day I made it into muffins to bring to a picnic.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 631.69 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 3 eggs
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple
- 1064.65 ml flour
- 236.59 ml walnuts (optional)
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 3 (8x5x3 inch) large loaf pans ready.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with sugar and honey; then beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in the bananas and the pineapple (with the juice). Then add flour, walnuts (if using), cinnamon, baking soda and salt until moistened.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center of bread comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least ten minutes before removing from pan.
So yummy! I made some changes to make them a little healthier and they turned out delicious! I only used 1/2 cup of butter and then 1/2 cup of applesauce, 2 cups of sugar instead of 2 2/3, I used half whole wheat flour and half regular flour and then threw in about 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed. I also made them muffins; 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. They are amazing, I tried to share one with my 12 month old and he insisted on eating the entire thing!
I make muffins every week to share with friends. When I found this recipe, I knew I had to make it. My only change was to use pecans instead of walnuts. They were a hit & I went home empty-handed. These are very moist - which is important to me. Very nice recipe, thank you for sharing!
This is a fantastic bread. I substituted 1/4 cup brown sugar and water for the honey as I was going to be feeding it to my 8 month old. Then I used 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour in place of white flour and only used 2 cups sugar. Next time I will do the same with the exception of the wheat flour. I think it drowns out the pineapple flavor. The recipe made 12 muffins and a bundt. The muffins took 23 minutes to reach perfection and the bundt came out a little over done after 50 minutes.