Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this smoothie, trying to copy a store-bought kind and this is so much better! The fresh pineapple gives it such a light, fresh flavour- it's just not the same with canned pineapple. If any of this smoothie makes it to the fridge, you may like to water it down with some pineapple juice as the coconut milk thickens as it cools.
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 2 bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- 118.29 ml coconut milk
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Press through a sieve, getting as much pulp through as possible to thicken the smoothie.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
I have to admit I changed this up quite a bit but it was absolutely delicious. (I kind of hate when people review a recipe, give it only 3 stars, and list the 15 different changes they made! But this recipe was great as is. However, I just had extra things lying around that I decided to use as well.) I used frozen pineapple, one banana, 1/4 C of unsweetened shredded coconut, 1 tbsp coconut oil, a thin slice of ginger, and a whole peeled lime. I used unsweetened coconut milk. Holy cow, that sucker was amazing! Tropical, yummy, smooth and creamy, with just a bit of zing.
I have to admit to using canned pineapple because it's what I have and the local store doesn't carry fresh pineapple. Allowing that fresh would undoubtedly be better, this was still very good and it made a lovely lighter lunch.
Very refreshing. I used a granny smith apple which gave the drink a nice tartness.