Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
A super simple chicken recipe. Very tasty too.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (or boneless, skinless thighs)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Mix together pineapple, brown sugar, lime juice, mustard and soy sauce. Pour evenly over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 45 to 55 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
It sounded good, but the sauce was too bland and too sweet. Maybe add some chopped green and/or red bell peppers to it, or more mustard, might add some needed zip.
The recipe seemed simple enough, but the sauce was not that flavorful, was completely charred after about twenty minutes in the oven, and left my family questioning my cooking skills. It wasn't entirely terrible, but certainly not something I'd bother with again.
sickeningly sweet and flavourless. The chicken was overcooked in 40 minutes, despite being 5 large, thick breasts. Even though it was swimming in the soup that was supposed to be the sauce, it was dry. This is an awful recipe.