Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Crockpot Pineapple Baked Beans and Beef
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounces baked beans
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker/ crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 4-8 hours or until bubbly.
I tweaked this recipe a lot, starting by using stew beef and regular canned kidney beans (drained). I also swapped the barbecue sauce (we don't use it) for a guava grilling sauce, but I think just about anything on the thick side, like a jam, would do. I added more garlic and some curry powder. So, I kind of used this recipe as an outline, but I'm glad I did because the end result was marvelous--tender beef, spicy beans, yummy pineapple. Served with cous cous. Thanks for the ideas!