Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Linda Fulkerson, from Elizabethtown, KY; Back Home Restaurant
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 (20 ounce) cans unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 70 butter flavored crackers, crushed
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 1/2 cups of juice.
- Add juice to flour mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the pineapple and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the pineapple mixture.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until tests clean.
We have this with our Christmas ham every year. It is the perfect foil for the fat. Thanks for putting it writing.
This is becoming a family tradition at our Thanksgivings! Fantastic! I sure do like your recipes NurseDi! Thank you.