Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Connie's recipe from family collection.
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup apricot, sun dried
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pineapple, sliced in its own juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, chopped
- 8 pitted prunes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Prepare crust as package directs. Center crust in 9-inch removable bottom tart pan. Fold down edges; pricking with fork. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add apricots. Simmer 10 minutes uncovered; drain and cool. Drain pineapple well, reserving 1/3 c of liquid. Blend cream cheese with sugar and ginger. Spread on crust.
- Arrange fruit on top. In a small saucepan, blend cornstarch with reserved pineapple juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Brush over fruit. Chill.