Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
These seem like a lot of work, but I usually make these for fund-raising events. Always sell out fast
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 11 ounces apricots, chopped, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cake yeast, crumbled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- Combine pineapple, apricots and sugar in saucepan.
- Cook untl thickened, stirring frequently.
- Cut shortening and butter into flour and salt in bowl.
- Combine yeast with sour cream and egg yolks in a bowl., mix well.
- Add to crumb mixture and mix well.
- Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Roll on sugared surface and cut into 3" squares.
- Spoon fruit filling into centers of squares, bring up edges to enclose filling and seal.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.