1/1 Photo of Pineapple Apricot Cheese Spread
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the December 2009 Best of Cooking Light Holidays, & it can be easily made & enjoyed during the holidays or any time of year! Preparation time does not include the time needed for chilling. One tablespoon per serving size is based on the following = Although it's nice served with crackers, whole grain bread, etc, during the holidays, you can make 64 appetizers by putting 1 tablespoon of this cheese spread between 2 gingersnaps!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mango chutney, chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick margarine, softened
- 1In a sieve over a bowl, drain the pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons of the juice.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine pineapple, reserved juice, dried apricots, chutney, apricot brandy & ginger, then bring to a boil, reduce the heat & simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Place in a bowl & chill thoroughly.
- 3Put cheddar cheese, cream cheese & margarine in a food processor & process until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally.
- 4Combine cheese mixture & cooled pineapple mixture, then spoon into a serving bowl, cover & chill.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Apricot Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (11 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 49.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese
reduced-calorie stick margarine