- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (save juice)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped apple
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar, butter & lemon extract.
- Add egg.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt, add to creamed mixture.
- Mix well w/ as much pineapple juice as you need to make a medium stiff batter.
- Fold in the drained pineapple & apples.
- Put in well greased loaf pan.
- Bake 350 degrees 40-45 minutes if using glass loaf pan, different pan may take longer.